Create More Income Streams for Financial Independence
Interested in adding more income streams to your life? Are you tired of scraping by with no extra money for bills, debt repayment or dreaming? Scrape no more. Here are 19 reasons you should NEVER be broke!
With each side-hustle, you’ll also see a related resource (like an eBook or eCourse) class to get you going. So make sure you click through and get the information that will help you start. I like to include a lot of Udemy.com courses because they are inexpensive and give a lot of value. Udemy.com courses average $10-$25 with discount codes (just create a login and you’ll start getting emails with discount codes.)
Ready? Ok…Happy hustling!
Blogging is cool because it can be what I call a gateway business. If you don’t have money to start your cupcake truck or real-estate investing business, you can fund it by blogging about it! This is not a get-rich-quick scheme by any means. It’s a business that will take money and time to grow and become profitable. Interested in getting started? I’ve got some free resources like a 5 video tutorial on how to start along with a resources guide for beginners. Enter your email below to access it. I’ll also post some other resources below that will help:
- The Blogging Course that Increased My Income to $3k-$4k Month
- 7 Surefire Ways to Boost Your Blog Income Overnight (FREE)
- Blog Affiliate Marketing eCourse- Make Thousands from Affiliate Sale Strategies
2) AirBnb Hosting
AirBnb is part of the growing sharing economy. We booked AirBnb for our long stints in California last year and in Dominican Republic this year. More that a nice, bargain place to stay on vacation, it’s one of those “no-brainer” side hustles that you can start pretty immediately. If you’ve got extra space, then you are qualified to be an AirBnb host.
Don’t have an extra house or room? No worries, you can also rent space in your backyard with a tent, a mobile home or a boat! There are so many bizarre listings people create on AirBnb that you’d be surprised at what gets attention and what can make you money. We once stayed in a converted garage, so the listing options can get very creative! Before you become a host, try the service out by being a guest. If possible start some place local so you don’t have to spend a ton on traveling just to test the service out. Click here to get a $20 AirBnb credit for your first AirBnb experience! It’ll definielty prepare you to be an AirBnb host.
- Hacking Airbnb | Make $300+ a night with your spare space
- Airbnb Ninja | Advanced Methods for the Part-time Airbnb Host
3) Freelance Writing
I’ve been playing around with this myself lately. I’ve figured out how to send out pitches and LOIs (letters of introduction) to editors in order to get assignments. There’s a bit of an art to it, but it’s not undoable. I’ve been running into more and more six-figure writers lately, so I thought I’d give it a try. Here are some resources I’ve used to get started:
- KickStart Your FreeLance Writing Biz (Free)
- The Renegade Writer’s Query Letters That Rock: The Freelance Writer’s Guide to Selling More Work Faster
4) Create and Sell Classes on Udemy.com
I am such a fan of Udemy.com it’s ridiculous. This is a neat marketplace where you can monetize a wide range of skills from very technical to obscure and weird. I’ve seen classes on sleeping, relaxation as well as quantum physics. I use it to learn skills around growing my online businesses. Recording these classes is SUPER easy. I use Google slides and Screencast-o-matic. It’s helpful to have a nice microphone ( I use a CL7 condenser, but the Audio Technica gets good reviews as well and costs less.) Tip: always submit a test video BEFORE recording your class. I had to learn the hard way about this process.
5) Make & Sell Crafts on Etsy.com
There are 1.6 million sellers on Etsy.com! Top-earning sellers have created million dollar businesses using this artistic marketplace. You buy beautiful, handmade items or crafting components to make your own. I’ve even seen empty toilet-paper rolls on Etsy! Want to see if you can break in and make a buck or two? Check out related resources to get you going:
This is another sharing economy gig that has caught on life wildfire lately. There definitely ways of optimizing income and making the most out of your exposure to people. Have you heard of the guy who made $250,000 driving Uber? There’s a unique twist to this story, but very interesting to say the least. Here are some suggestions from the kind instructors at Udemy.com to get the most out of your work in ride-sharing:
7) Become a Virtual Assistant
This type of work growing fast. As our world become increasing digital, more people need more stuff done online. I’ve had assistants and contractors based remotely all over the nation and overseas. This can be a lucrative gig if you find the right clients. Not sure how to do that? I got you covered:
- 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success by Gina Horkey (makes $22k per month online with VA’ing and other service offerings. Check out our interview here.)
- Work from Home as a Virtual Assistant
8) Create and Sell Tee-shirts
If you don’t think you can make money with TeeShirts, talk to Kim Springer, who made a whopping $250,000 from home selling her t-shirt creations on TeeSpring.com! Talk about a good business model. If you think you might be able to sell some fashionable designs to the masses, theseUdemy.com courses might help.
- Teespring & SunFrog: Make $50,000+ Simply Selling T-shirts
- Teespring: How I’ve Made $72,446 Simply Selling T-shirts
9) Write & Publish a Book on Kindle
Depending on your penchant for writing and marketing, this could easily turn into a profitable venture. Tom Corson-Knowles, tells about his secrets to making over $10,000 per month writing eBooks and is the top-selling eBook instructor onUdemy.com.
Here are other courses that can start you off in this adventure:
- Kindle Launch Plan: $1400 in 30 Days & an Amazon Bestseller
- Kindle Secrets: How I Wrote a Best Selling eBook In 72 hours
- How To Become a Bestselling Author on Amazon Kindle
10) Become an personal shopper at Instacart
11) Sit for children, the elderly, homes or pets at Sittercity.com or Care.com
12) Sell your services on Upwork.com or Fiverr.com
13) Rent your car out on GetAround.com
14) Complete surveys online
15) Sell your expertise and consulting services on Clarity.fm
16) Deliver pizzas
17) Become a personal trainer/chef/ life coach and connect with people on Taskrabbit.com
18) Teach elementary, high school and college classes through an online school
19) Work from home for one or more of these 20 legitimate companies
Want to learn more about creating and cultivating multiple income streams? Get the first 3 chapters of my eBook, Increase Income Now below: