Show sponsor: Ally Invest
Have you ever wondered what it would take to become financially independent and retire early? Well, let’s hear from someone who actually did it!
Tela Holcomb is a stock market mentor that’s been independently trading and investing in the stock market since 2009. By consistently applying her system of trading and investing, Tela more than doubled her retirement account in 8 months and achieved financial freedom and retirement choice in 3 years. Her mission is to show that anyone can learn the stock market when it’s put in plain English.
- Tela grew up poor, but her mom made her balance the checkbook and pay out bills
- Tela realized that her 9-5 was taking up too much of her time. As a single mom, she wanted to give her daughter more of her time
- One day, she overheard a co-worker talking about early retirement via investing in the stock market.
- Tela is using 2 investing strategies to meet her goals: swing trading and long-term
- If you can’t find money to invest, examine your spending and your budget. What can you cut back to free up more money for investing?
- Start with a simulation platform to give you practice. TD Ameritrade has one that is free.
- Tela started investing with just $3,000 (but only traded half of this to buffer against potential loss)
- Tela suggests having a trading plan to help minimize your losses. You should know your buy price, quantity, etc. This should also help you avoid fear or greed when making strategic purchases
- Automation helps Tela get out of a stock and a profit point (she references her trading plan for her profit criteria)
- After learning to swing trade effectively, Tela was able to retire, at the age of 33, in about 5 years
- Tela’s Free Investing Course
- All of Tela’s Investing Courses
- The Complete Turtle Trader: How 23 Novice Investors Became Overnight Millionaires
- Open a trading account for free: Ally Invest
- Find Tela online at TelaHolocomb.com
Favorite Principle of Increase: It’s not about us. It’s about the next generation.
If you’d like to open up your own investment account, get a free guide and video tutorial by entering your information below:
Ready to Invest? Get Your Beginner's DIY Guide!
Enter your information to get a free DIY investing guide along with a "cheat sheet" of dividend paying companies you can evaluate for investment consideration.